THE LIBRARY SYSTEM’S VISION, MISSION & OBJECTIVES
ACT Cyber Library envisions itself to be an academic support unit that is responsive to the diverse academic needs and expectations of the college community to be able to contribute to the meaningful attainment of the school vision and mission.
ACT Cyber Library supports learning, teaching, research and creative expressions by providing timely and effective access to information fot the entire Asianistas. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
- Understand the reserch, teaching, and learning needs of it's users;
- Build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
- Provide access to and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources;
- Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collections and resources;
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environments for study, teaching, and research;
- Collaborate with the academic community of the Colleges in enriching research and learning;
- Advance local, national, and international library and information initiatives; and
- Develop, encourage, and sustain expertise, skills, commitment and an distinctive spirit in its staff.
- To assist users to find and use information resources effectively and to acquire the skills needed for a life of independent learning and personal growth.
- To seek input from and respond to users as part of our continuing efforts to evaluate and improve services, collections and programs.
- To build and preserve collections which support, teaching, learning, research and creative expression.
- To provide the technological and other tools necessary to support and enhance library programs and services.
- To preserve and provide access to unique and archival research materials which contribute to national and international scholarship.